Thanks to lenient marijuana laws, CBD oil has been popular in the District of Columbia for several years and on practically every store shelf, but that doesn’t mean they’re all high-quality products. Let’s learn about its uses and how to find high-quality CBD in DC.
Is CBD in DC Legal?
In November 2014, District of Columbia voters approved Initiative 71 legalizing the consumption of recreational cannabis for all DC residents 21 and over. Thanks to Initiative 71 CBD oil is legal in DC as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC. CBD oil derived from non-hemp products (cannabis oil) is legal in Washington DC but can only be obtained at a state-registered dispensary. Though cannabis is legal in DC, it is still federally illegal on all public land, which makes up 20% of DC’s area.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD is one of several dozen cannabinoids that acts on the body’s natural endocannabinoid system. CBD can be derived from all members of the cannabis family though CBD derived from hemp is the most popular due to the low THC content and potential therapeutic effects without psychoactive effects.
What to Look for in Quality DC CBD
There are dozens of different CBD types and brands on store shelves, how do you find a great product? When shopping for CBD oil in DC, residents should always look for:
- Dark Glass: Dark glass keeps damaging UV rays from corrupting CBD.
- Percentages: All CBD products should list the percentages of CBD, THC, and all other ingredients.
- Date of Origin: CBD is volatile and degrades over time. Old CBD won’t be as effective as fresh CBD.
- Batch Number: Reputable CBD suppliers give their products batch numbers for close monitoring.
- Source: You want to know where the hemp was grown. Only buy American-produced CBD compounds to ensure quality.
- Third-Party Results: Any CBD you purchase should be tested by a third-party lab and list any certifications.
- Extraction: Only purchase CBD extracted with the C02 or ethanol method. Other extraction methods can involve toxic chemicals and are no good for you.
Where to Buy CBD in DC
DC residents can be sure they’re getting a great product every time by ordering NuLeaf Naturals CBD oil online. All NuLeaf products match the above criteria for high-quality CBD oil and are backed by stellar customer service. NuLeaf Naturals closely monitored and third-party tested CBD production method means you always get a pure CBD product that won’t degrade before you’ve even opened it. District of Columbia residents can order NuLeaf Naturals CBD oil directly from our website, order over the phone, or use our store locator to find NuLeaf Naturals products at a retailer near you.
CBD oil is federally legally so long as it contains less than 0.3% THC, as mandated by the 2018 Farm Bill. It may not be legal at a state, county, or local level. Check your local laws and regulations before buying CBD oil.
This guide may not be up to date on the current legislation at the state or local level. We recommend you do your research to understand the legalities surrounding CBD oil where you live.