There’s a lot to like about CBD but also plenty of questions for Hawaii residents. Hawaii is an enigma sometimes on what is and isn’t legal, able to be imported and exported from the island, and the legalities surrounding certain products. Let’s figure out what you need to know about CBD including how to find high-quality products miles away from the mainland.
In CBD in Hawaii Legal?
Hawaii Senate Bill 862 allows for the cultivation, possession, and use for medical marijuana in Hawaii but only when used for a debilitating condition. All medical marijuana patients must be registered with the Hawaii State Department’s Medical Cannabis Registry Program and Medical Cannabis Dispensary Program. CBD oil produced from non-hemp sources, such as cannabis oil, is only allowable for patients enrolled in Hawaii’s medical marijuana program.
How Does CBD Oil Work?
CBD oil has become popular due to its potential therapeutic effects without a psychoactive high. All cannabinoids like CBD and THC are believed to work by binding to receptors in our body’s own naturally occurring endocannabinoid system. When a cannabinoid binds to your body’s endocannabinoid system, it directs the body to release its own cannabinoids. Your body’s release of cannabinoids is what’s believed to give cannabinoids their therapeutic effects.
Types of CBD Oil
- Hemp Oil: CBD oil produces from industrial hemp.
- Cannabis Oil: CBD oil produced from non-hemp cannabis plants. Laws regarding cannabis oil vary by state.
- Full Spectrum: Full spectrum indicates all parts of the plant are used to make the extract. Full spectrum allows for the entourage effect where different compounds of the plant-like cannabinoids and terpenes work together for more effective results.
- Organic: It doesn’t make sense to use natural CBD oil if it’s loaded with additives and dangerous chemicals.
- Whole Plant: Whole plant means the CBD oil is produced from the entire cannabis plant. Most whole plant varieties produce cannabis CBD oil which is only legal in some states.
Where to Buy CBD in Hawaii
NuLeaf Naturals is committed to helping Hawaii residents find high-quality CBD oil even when an ocean separates Hawaii and NuLeaf Naturals. For instant help, Hawaii residents can call our expert team directly at 720-372-4842 or use a store locator to find our products at one of our Hawaii partners. If you know what you want, you can shop our full spectrum CBD products on our website and order today.
CBD oil is federally legally so long as it contains less than 0.3% THC, as mandated by the 2018 Farm Bill. It may not be legal at a state, county, or local level. Check your local laws and regulations before buying CBD oil.
This guide may not be up to date on the current legislation at the state or local level. We recommend you do your research to understand the legalities surrounding CBD oil where you live.