CBD Oil vs. Gummies
The market for CBD has expanded dramatically over the past few years. With that expansion comes an ever-growing inventory of new and improved CBD products that take many forms. CBD oil and CBD gummies are two of the most popular forms of CBD available today. While both are excellent options for cannabidiol supplements, they have distinct differences that should be considered before deciding on one product over the other.
In this blog post, we’ll explore CBD oil vs. gummies, including similarities and differences, the pros and cons of each, and how to determine which one is right for you.
What is CBD?
CBD (cannabidiol) is a cannabinoid that occurs naturally and in large quantities in cannabis plants, particularly in the Cannabis sativa cultivar, which is widely known as hemp. It is a cousin of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) but lacks the distinctive psychoactive effects of THC. Since the Farm Bill legalized industrial hemp production in 2018, hemp-derived CBD products have been federally legal in the United States (with some caveats on a state-to-state basis).
Benefits of CBD
Though the FDA has not weighed in on the effectiveness or benefits of CBD products, they are sought after by millions of people worldwide to help address a variety of ailments. Some of the most commonly reported potential benefits of CBD include the following:
- It may help reduce anxiety
- It may help with pain relief from inflammation
- It may improve sleep quality
Research surrounding CBD’s potential health benefits and therapeutic applications is ongoing and continues to bring new uses for this fantastic compound to light.
CBD Oil vs CBD Gummies
CBD oil and CBD gummies have distinct properties that make each one desirable in its own right. Let’s look at these two products and their advantages and disadvantages.
What is CBD Oil?
Simple, pure, and effective CBD oil made by NuLeaf Naturals contains just 2 simple ingredients. Full spectrum hemp extract is combined with hemp seed oil creating a formula that can be taken orally without additional additives, emulsifiers, or flavors. CBD oil can also be infused into edibles, topicals, and other products.
CBD oil generally comes in two categories: full spectrum and broad spectrum CBD oil. Full-spectrum CBD oil contains the full range of compounds extracted from hemp, including other cannabinoids, terpenes, and a small amount of THC. Broad-spectrum CBD is specially made not to contain any THC. Some consumers prefer full-spectrum CBD for the synergistic “entourage effect” of having all cannabinoids in the same product. In contrast, others prefer broad-spectrum CBD to ensure that there is no THC whatsoever in the product.
CBD Oil Pros
CBD oil is one of the most widely produced CBD products, as it hosts a range of advantages:
- Onset time is generally faster than CBD edible products like gummies
- Dosage can be easily adjusted and customized to the user’s liking
- Sublingual CBD oil has a higher bioavailability vs. gummies
CBD Oil Cons
- Some users dislike the earthy taste
- The amount of CBD must be accurately measured using a dropper
- Bottles can be fragile and break or shatter, risking losing the product
What are CBD Gummies?
CBD gummies are edible candies infused with either full-spectrum CBD or CBD isolate. Their key ingredients are CBD extract, sugar, a binder such as gelatin or pectin, and flavorings. A popular alternative to CBD oil, CBD gummies have several advantages and disadvantages.
CBD Gummy Pros
- Superior taste vs. CBD oil – they are usually fruity and sweet, much like traditional candy or gummies
- Consistent dose – CBD gummies are all precisely dosed, so users know exactly how much CBD they get with each gummy.
- Convenience factor – CBD gummies are great for on-the-go, as they are not subject to spillage or breakage like CBD oil.
CBD Gummy Cons
- Longer onset time – Gummies tend to take longer to kick in than CBD oil since they must be digested first, whereas oral tinctures enter the bloodstream quicker through the capillaries under the tongue.
- More calories – due to ingredients like added sugar, CBD gummies contain more calories than CBD oil, which may not align with everyone’s lifestyle.
- Bioavailability – Because they need to be broken down in the digestive system, CBD gummies have a lower bioavailability than CBD oil, which means not as much of the CBD gets absorbed and used by the body.
CBD Oil vs. Gummies: The Final Verdict
For many consumers, the dealbreaker between purchasing CBD oil vs. CBD gummies lies in convenience. CBD gummies are great for traveling or for those who don’t want to measure out each dose of CBD. Those looking for a more effective product may choose CBD oil for its higher bioavailability and faster onset time.
So, what’s the final verdict regarding CBD oil vs. gummies? Sorry to disappoint, but there is no unequivocal “yes” or “no” for either. It is up to the individual user to determine which product is best for them, given the advantages and disadvantages of each.
If you’re new to CBD and are intrigued by oil and gummies, NuLeaf Naturals offers products in both categories. Our award-winning full-spectrum CBD oil uses 100% organic ingredients for an earth-friendly, all-natural supplement. Our full-spectrum CBD gummies are made using natural fruit flavors and pectin for a vegan-friendly and delicious alternative to CBD oil that is precisely dosed and convenient.
To see all of the CBD products NuLeaf Naturals has for sale, head over to our online CBD shop and start your natural wellness journey today!