How to Become a CBD Affiliate
Revised June 2022
Are you taking CBD and loving it? If so, why not become a CBD affiliate? After all, the CBD industry is booming right now, and experts say this is just the beginning — a new forecast predicts the CBD market will hit $19.5 billion by 2025 if FDA approval occurs. Meanwhile, research continues to show the therapeutic benefits of CBD, and legalization by the 2018 Farm Bill has made it easier than ever for people to purchase CBD oil both in stores and online.
So if you’re an influencer in the wellness and lifestyle space or your audience otherwise aligns well with CBD products, becoming a CBD affiliate is a great way to offer your audience more value and earn potentially substantial commissions.
Here’s How to Become a CBD Affiliate
What is CBD, Exactly?
CBD oil is derived from the cannabis plant, but unlike marijuana, CBD (cannabidiol) is non-intoxicating and doesn’t get you high. As a cannabinoid, CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system (ECS), a complex communication system among cells, responsible for regulating functions such as:
- Pain and pleasure
The result is a number of therapeutic benefits such as anti-inflammatory effects, help with insomnia or sleep issues, and pain relief.
Why Become a CBD Affiliate?
An affiliate is simply someone who refers people to a product or service, and in exchange, receives a commission for each sale they refer. This can be as simple as having a conversation with a friend and telling them about CBD. Or, you can post your unique affiliate link or promo code online, on blogs you own or write, in groups you belong to (when group posting rules allow it), or on your personal social media pages. Every buyer who comes in through your unique affiliate URL or uses your unique promo code will generate a commission paid to you.
Who Can Succeed as a CBD Affiliate?
If you are an online influencer or have your own blog or online group, it’s easy to share information about CBD with your community. Relevant topics or niche content markets include:
- Cannabis and CBD
- Natural remedies
- Anxiety and mental health
- Weight loss
- Sports/post-workout recovery
- Natural animal care
Becoming a CBD Affiliate
- Step 1: Find a reputable company. Do your due diligence to find a company with sustained growth, quality products, and a strong reputation you support.
- Step 2: Request information on that company’s affiliate program, including payouts, guidelines, requirements, etc. You can learn about NuLeaf Naturals’ Affiliate Program here.
- Step 3: Promote responsibly. Don’t spam people or social media channels, and make sure to constructively compare brands. Share with authenticity to gain new referrals.
- Step 4: Get paid for your efforts by earning commissions on every sale that comes in through your affiliate link or promo code.
How to Find a CBD Affiliate Program
While the 2018 Farm Bill legalized the commercial sale of CBD, this compound still remains unregulated as a dietary supplement by the FDA, which means many CBD products hitting the shelves are low quality, improperly labeled, or even fake.
As you research CBD affiliate programs, be sure to do your due diligence when vetting CBD companies. The last thing you want to do is refer business to a company with shady business practices or poor-quality products. Here are a few things to check for in your research:
- Number of years in business: While the CBD industry is a new one, you should aim to find a CBD company with a proven track record of at least several years in business.
- Certifications: Two certifications to check for include cGMP (“Current Good Manufacturing Practices”) — the main regulatory standard of the FDA — and ISO (International Organization for Standardization), which means an organization meets certain specified standards to ensure consistency, safety, and sound business practices.
- Certificates of Analysis: Certificates of analyses (COAs) are third-party lab results verifying a CBD product contains the advertised amount of CBD and is free of unwanted and harmful ingredients such as pesticides, herbicides, mold, fungi, heavy metals, and mycotoxins. The absence of certificates of analysis is a major red flag.
Become a NuLeaf Naturals Affiliate
Looking to partner with a reputable CBD company? Since 2014, NuLeaf Naturals has been committed to producing the world’s highest quality CBD products in our cGMP- and ISO-certified facilities. All our products are full spectrum and sourced with care using eco-friendly methods to ensure a full range of cannabinoids, essential oils, terpenes, and other beneficial phytonutrients — without harsh chemicals, additives, or toxins. The result is the safest cannabinoid products on the market in their purest and most potent forms.
Ready to get started? Apply to become a NuLeaf Naturals affiliate today.